NOTD Black nails and MUA lip bloom…

I have never worn black on my nails till now except for Halloween.. J… thanks to my fingers which are sufficiently dark toned… L
But the rage about matte black inspired me.. (I know I took my time…) and finally did it….



I have used MUA nail polish in shade 2(black) with the RIMMEL Pro Matte Top Coat.
Its not easy to go matte black with drugstore nail polishes…  I have sampled black nail polishes from NYC, Barry M, Miss Sporty, Rimmel before choosing MUA…. Below is the swatch for comparison of MUA and Barry M on my pinky… Most nail polishes gave that faint dark grey color for the first coat while MUA was jet black…

As we talk about Makeup Academy, I spotted this new lipstick duos called “Lip Bloom” being launched on May 9, 2012… “Created with Alexandra Burke by MUA!!” as published in Glamour.

There are 8 shades, I have put the names in the pic. I like it that the shades are covering – nude, peach, pink, red and brown and are very wearable. Given a chance I would own all of them.. :)  MUA suggests  these can be worn in 4 ways –
1. Lipstick alone for a matte look.
2. Lipstick with highlighter applied just to the centre of your lips to create a full volume illusion.
3. Lipstick with highlighter all over for a super-glossy look.
4. Highlighter alone for a sheer pearl finish
I already own this kind of lipsticks from Revlon, Maybelline and No.7… Cant wait to try these MUA ones… J… Anyone coming with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi... Thank you for leaving a comment... I treat my blog post as what I am speaking to you and I am extremely glad you replied... :)